In this article we will go through the main pulmonary embolism risk calculators published in June 2015 here on TheCalculator.co.
Pulmonary embolism related calculators June 2015
These are all based on well renowned studies and try to encompass the risk factors, symptoms and clinical determinations used in the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism as well as one model for the hemorrhage risk when anticoagulant therapy is begun.
PERC Rule for Pulmonary Embolism Calculator
- Rules out cases where there is low risk of PE
- Coves 8 clinical factors such as presence of hemoptysis, leg swelling or tachycardia
- Offers a score interpretation and comparison to other PE risk models
Go to the PERC rule for pulmonary embolism calculator!
Wells Criteria for Pulmonary Embolism Calculator
- Offers an accurate prediction of PE probability before CT or D-dimer
- Can help reduce investigation and diagnosis cost in low risk cases
- Explains each of the criteria and its further usage in the Wells model
Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index PESI Score Calculator
- Offers a 30 day prognostic assessment of severe morbidity and mortality
- Follows the PESI variables for risk stratification
- Displays a PE prognosis and interpretation table
POMPE-C Score for Pulmonary Embolism Mortality Calculator
- Consists of 8 clinical factors taken in consideration as mortality prediction
- A tool designed to assist in the prognosis of PE in patients diagnosed with cancer
- Displays the formula and the weight of each of the variables used in the model
Riete Score for Risk of Hemorrhage in Pulmonary Embolism Calculator
- Offers an accurate estimation of hemorrhage risk in PE cases that are set to start anticoagulation
- Based on patient clinical data such as hemoglobin and creatinine determinations and history
- Displays the score interpretation and the bleeding risk for each category