This friendship calculator puts the relationship between you and your friend to test and predicts a friendship percentage between the two of you based on your names. Discover more on the subject below the form.
How does this friendship calculator work?
This tool can assess how strong are your friendships by predicting the percentage of friendship based on a name algorithm for two given names. You are only asked to enter your name and your friend's name to get the compatibility between the two of you.
“Based on the name similarity, the friendship strength between Emerald and Kenneth is: 52.38%.”
What is friendship?
This is a relationship between two or more people, based on mutual affection, honesty, understanding and sympathy. People tend to form these unions with people with whom they share common backgrounds, interests and enjoy each other's company.
It can also be called fellowship, companionship, comradeship, amity. Ancient Greek word "phileos" describes a brotherly love between two persons. While these relations are not monogamous, two people in a friendship do not exclude the third or more, when it comes to a best friendship things change and it is considered that this bond can only be set between two persons.
Types of friendship
- Best friends are friends that share strong interpersonal ties with each other. Blood brother/sister either to people related by birth or to those that make a pact of loyalty by mixing their blood together;
- Buddy is another term describing a friend;
- Friends with benefits describe a sexual relationship between two persons who do not want to engage in a formal romantic relationship;
- Opposite sex friendship describes the nonsexual relation between a man and a woman;
- Agentic friendship - both parties get together when needed to achieve practical goals. These relationships do not include sharing emotional content
- The term comrade describes an ally, colleague, especially in a military context, in times of war or political context when people have a mutual goal;
- Bromance is a close, nonsexual relationship between two or more male friends;
- Mate is a term for friends used in UK, Australia and New Zealand and it is used especially among males;
- Family friend denotes the friend of a family member;
- Frenemy is a term built from the words "friend" and "enemy" and refers to someone that can neither be a true friend nor a real enemy;
- Pen pals are people that share a friendship through mail correspondence. This is very common for school children which are encouraged to socialize through writing with children of the same age.
- Imaginary friends are a non physical buddy invented by children and it is regarded as harmless, typical childhood behavior.
Top 5 famous friendship quotes
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What!" You too? I thought I was the only one" - C.S. Lewis
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything" - Muhammad Ali
"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation" -Oscar Wilde
"I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better" - Plutarch14 Dec, 2014