This smoking calculator shows you how much money you spend on cigarettes and how much smoking cost you accumulated since you started this habit. See below the form an interpretation of the result given in the calculation.



The cost of a pack of cigarettes: *
No. Cigarettes per day: *
When did you start smoking? *
If you quit smoking, when was that?

How does this smoking calculator work?

All you have to do is enter the cost of a pack of cigarettes, the number you are smoking daily, the moment you had started smoking and whether you stopped or not.

This smoking calculator estimates:

  • The daily smoking cost by dividing the number of cigarettes you smoke to 20. Then it multiplies the number that results to the cost of a pack of cigarettes;
  • The weekly smoking cost by multiplying the daily smoking cost with 7 days;
  • The monthly smoking cost by multiplying the daily smoking cost with 30 days;
  • The yearly smoking cost by multiplying the daily smoking cost with 365 days;
  • Total smoking cost to date by making the difference(expressed in days) between the start date and end date/current date and then by multiplying it to the daily smoking cost;
  • Total cigarettes smoked by finding the number of days you were smoking from start date until end date/current date and then by multiplying it with the number of cigarettes you smoke per day;
  • The cost if you continue smoking for another 1 years by adding to the total smoking cost to date the cost of another one year;
  • The cost if you continue smoking for another 3 years by adding to the total smoking cost to date the cost of another 3 years;
  • The cost if you continue smoking for another 5 years by adding to the total smoking cost to date the cost of another 5 years;
  • The cost if you continue smoking for another 10 years by adding to the total smoking cost to date the cost of another 10 years.

If the smoking facts related to costs that the smoking calculator returned haven't convinced you, at least think about your health!

10 smoking facts

  • Approximately 69% of smokers want to quit completely. But quit smoking proves to be a hard to implement decision.
  • The cause of 1 in 5 deaths in the U.S. annually is caused by smoking;
  • The cigarettes industry it’s one of the world’s largest industries since cigarettes are one of the most traded items in the world, it’s market being evaluated at a value greater than $400 billion;
  • The tobacco use even though is a common death cause is in the same time the leading preventable cause of death.
  • Studies have found that each cigarette costs us on average, about 5 to 20 minutes of our lives. This means that an average smoker dies 7 years earlier than an average non-smoker.
  • The components of cigarettes: arsenic, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, lead, ammonia, nitrogen oxide and 43 known carcinogens. One single cigarette has over 4,800 chemicals, and 69 of them can cause cancer.
  • The studies have shown that within 10 seconds after smoke is inhaled the nicotine reaches the brain.
  • Getting lung diseases such as pneumonia, chronic bronchitis or emphysema rises along with smoking;
  • The immune system of a smoker is weaker than that of a non-smoker;
  • Only 15% of the smoke from a cigarette is inhaled by the smoker, while the rest of 85% is absorbed into the atmosphere or inhaled by other people.

06 Dec, 2014 | 0 comments

Share your opinion!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *.