This derivative calculator calculates the derivative (2 orders of derivation) of a given function by analytical differentiation. There is more information on how to input your functions below the form.
Instructions on how to use this derivative calculator
In order to input the expression of your function within this derivative calculator, you have to take account of the rules and conventions used which are explained below:
- The sign for addition is +. E.g: a+x.
- The sign for subtraction is –. E.g: a-x.
- The sign for multiplication is *. E.g:a*x.
- The sign for division is /. E.g:a/x.
- In order to enter expressions with power values you should use ^. For instance in order to input 4x2 you should do it this way: 4*x^2
- The sign/abbreviation for square root is sqrt. E.g:sqrt(x).
- This derivative calculator takes account of the parentheses () of a function so you can make use of it. E.g: sin(x).
- This tool interprets ln as the natural logarithm (e.g: ln(x) ) and log as the base 10 logarithm. For instance log10(x)=log(x).