This fractions calculator helps you solve the addition, subtraction, multiplication or division of fractions. Below the tool you can find the formulas used.
Fraction operations formulas
The algorithm of this fractions calculator is based on the following formulas:
- Fraction addition = (AD + BC) / BD. Please note that in case of addition and subtraction between two or more fractions you first have to ensure all of your fractions have the same numerator.
- Fraction subtraction = (AD - BC) / BD
- Fraction multiplication = AC / BD
- Fraction division = AD / BC
Examples of 4 calculations
1. Add 2/3 and 5/9 = 11/9.
2. Subtract 3/4 from 1/11 = -29/44
3. Multiply 2/7 with 6/13 = 12/91
4. Divide 3/8 by 1/5 = 15/816 Apr, 2015 | 0 comments