This slope calculator solves the line slope equation either when 2 points are given or when 1 point and the slope are known. You can read more on this topic below the tool.
How does this slope calculator work?
First of all it offers two methods to solve the slope line equation as detailed here:
- 1st approach is the one that requires both coordinates of the two points to be given.
- 2nd method is the one that takes account of at least the coordinates of one point plus either the slope or the angle in incline.
The algorithm of this slope calculator is based on these formulas:
- Slope (M) = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1)
- Distance (C) = Square Root of ((x2-x1)2 + (y2-y1)2 )
- Line of Equation: y = Mx + b
- Angle in degrees = arctan(M)
- Angle in radians = Angle in degrees * 0.0174532925