This word counter gives you the number of words and characters within any given text you copy paste, with or without spaces according to your specifications. Below the form you will discover an example result and more on this subject.
How does this word counter work?
This is a word processing tool that can help you count words and characters within a given text, including or not spaces. For it to function, the word counter requires to input the given text or copy & paste from the source then press “Count words”. The following calculations will be provided in the result:
- The no. of words – this is the number of string characters that are separated either by space or by other punctuation signs such as: “.”, “,”, “!”, “?” and all the other punctuation signs.
- The no. of characters (no spaces) – countingall the characters meaning letters, numbers, punctuation signs.
- The no. of characters (with spaces) – countingall the characters meaning letters, numbers, punctuation signs plus the spaces between them.
- The Average word’s length (no spaces) - requires the total number of characters without spaces to be divided by the number of words.
- The Average word’s length (with spaces) – toretrieve this, the counter divides the total number of characters with spaces by the number of words.
Let’s take the following text and paste it in the counting tool: “The word counter is a handy tool to count words and can be used when it is required to find the total number of word for an essay, article, blog post, comment, letter, application or any kind of text with predefined number of words and or characters.”
The word and character count is:
- No. of words: 47
- No. of characters (no spaces): 204
- No. of characters (with spaces): 250
- Average word’s length (no spaces): 4
- Average word’s length (with spaces): 528 Mar, 2015 | 0 comments