This mental disorder test checks if you ever suffered or if you currently suffer from any of the most common mental illness symptoms. Below the form you can read more on the subject of mental conditions and discover an example message.
Disclaimer: Please note that only a licensed medical professional has the authority to officially diagnose an individual with Mental Disorder. This test should NOT be considered a substitute for any professional mental health service.
How does this mental disorder test work?
This is a short personality test designed to help you find out if you experience mental disorder symptoms. The test comprises of four sections each having short personality questions that cover the most significant signs a person suffering from mental illness feels.
Based on the answers provided, the mental disorder test counts how many of the symptoms were chosen then it sums their significance in order to display a percentage of the presence of mental disorder together with a short description of the level encountered.
You should note that the above test is NOT to be considered a substitute for any professional medical/mental health service.
Presence of mental disorder symptoms: 7.19% - No mental disorder
Based on the answers you provided it is unlikely that you undergo any relevant mental disorder symptoms that affect you. However if you are worried about certain emotional, behavioral or interpersonal reactions or any similar mental disorder symptoms or if you consider necessary you may search a professional assessment of your mental health.
What are mental disorders?
This term refers to mental health and defines the set of anomalies that cause and influence an individual in the way they act, feel, think and live their life. Mental disorder affects the quality of life and relationships in a negative way. Beside the term disorder there is the term mental illness that is more commonly used.
According to the DSM-IV definition, these are psychological syndromes that follow patterns which occur in individuals and that cause distress and disabilities. The individual doesn’t exhibit a normal considered behavior in usual cases where normal responses are required.
There are various risk factors involved in the development of mental conditions and for most, there is still to be studied the exact evolution, however, here are the main factors to be taken in consideration:
- Genetic inheritance – there is a certain predisposition or propensity to develop neuroticism disorders in individuals with a family history of mental illness.
- Biological imbalances – chemical imbalances in the brain or an improper function of neurotransmitter systems are also to be involved.
- Traumatic events
- Environmental influences
- Social influences
- Substance abuse
Most common mental disorders
There are various categories that list and include the many types of mental illnesses, here are the main groups.
- Fear and worry patterns that interfere with normal activities
- Phobias, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, panic, anxious
- Obsessive compulsive, post traumatic stress disorder
- Affective patterns with intense mood swings, prolonged sadness, melancholia or mania episodes
- Depression, bipolar, mania
- Disordered personality patterns with a lack of adaptation
- Asparanoid, schizoid, schizotypal
- Antisocial, histrionic, narcissistic, borderline
- Distorted perception/ Psychotic
- Abnormal belief patterns with delusions or hallucinations
- Schizophrenia, delusional, schizotypy, paranoid
- Impaired sleeping patterns
- Insomnia, sleep walking
- Distorted perceptions about food and own body image
- Anorexia nervosa, bulimia, binge eating
Diagnosis services are provided first hand in community support centers or general practitioners and then in psychiatric hospitals. Routine diagnostic techniques include interviews that are called mental status examinations where the patient describes their behavior, feelings and what symptoms they have experienced.
Assessments by observation or survey are done by psychologists and psychiatrists. Psychological testing on the other hand might include designed test, computerized assessments and in some cases neuroimaging tests.02 Apr, 2015