This stress management test is designed to assess how you are dealing with stress and whether you use the right strategies to beat stressful situations. You can read more on the subject and discover our top ten tips to manage stress below the form.
How does this stress management test work?
This is a quick self assessment that will reveal you how well you react to stress and whether you know to manage all the stressors in your life and if you use any relaxation techniques.
The stress management test comprises of four sections that tackle different aspects of your relationship with stress. The first section aims to reveal some of your reactions to certain common situation. The second section proposes you to tick all the statements in regard to recognizing triggers and time organization that you feel apply to yourself. The third part is focusing on your preventive behavior from eating, sleeping patterns to the support you have from those close to you. Last but not least, the fourth section comprises of statements that describe stress relief techniques and you are invited to choose those that you are applying in your life.
The result come out of your performance in each of the parts of the test and it will also give you some prompts in case there are certain things that you are doing all wrong in your relationship with pressing matters.
What is stress management?
This is a relatively new concept but it is probably one aspect approached by many people from the moment one pressing matter appeared on the face of the earth. It starts by identifying the stressors that trigger your reactions and then analyzing why you react the way you do. Then it proposes means to mitigate the risk of undergoing such conditions or at least to diminish their effects. Finally, you are packed with a lot of common sense and innovative techniques that you can easily apply in your day to day life.
According to your choices, it seems you have an average application of stress management practices in terms of reactions to common situations that you feel put pressure on yourself.
Unfortunately you are unable to efficiently recognize stressful triggers and to react according to them while there is a lot of space to improve to your time organization skills.
You display an average attention to the health patterns in your life and you seem to invest some but not enough attention in preventing stressful situations.
You seem to approach a very healthy amount of stress relief habits and the only advice for you in this direction is to continue taking time to enjoy yourself while keeping stress at bay.
Top ten stress tips
Here is our list of essential things you should be doing if you aim to block stress from your life from 10 to 1.
10. Slow on sugar and caffeine – sometimes you don’t really need that extra boost and you probably need to relax instead. Don’t forget about nicotine as well, if it is that necessary, that pack should at least last you a few days.
9. Eat well – don’t skip any meals, especially breakfast because that old advice knows what it’s saying. Not getting enough nutriments will play its part on your concentration and energy levels; therefore you’ll feel even more overwhelmed.
8. Have it your way – sometimes it is best to take control and say no when you really want to say no if you feel this would relief a burden off yourself.
7. Try relaxation – although those techniques might seem as something too fancy for you, maybe it’s time to consider what would work for you, there’s no need for advance yoga or similar, just spend some time alone with your thoughts.
6. Active – don’t be a couch potato so why not sweat your problems in a vigorous workout or just go casually for a run whenever you feel like it.
5. Sleep more – guard your sleeping hours as the most precious thing because despite feeling you are wasting time you will win a lot more from getting that extra half hour of sleep and from not loosing any night time sleep.
4. Time for yourself – take some time to enjoy a book, a movie or a playlist, alone with your thought. It will help you reconnect faster.
3. Watch your time – yes, it’s time to stop procrastinating and organize things such way you do a little bit of everything at the right time without feeling on the verge of burnout.
2. Talk your way out – open up and express how you feel to anyone you feel you can confide in. Not a bad idea to go for counseling if you feel things are getting out of hand.
1. Take it easy – maybe it’s time to reprioritize a few things here and there and see what you really care about. I bet the answer is you and those dearest, so why not put a lower price on other things that are keeping you alive at night.28 Mar, 2015