We take and respect your privacy seriously.
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this Website.
Processing of your personal data
The purposes for collecting information about you are:
- To determine what you may like or find interesting, so we can provide you with targeted information and advertising on our Website;
- Whenever the case, to be able to reply to you when you contact us through the contact form available on the Website.
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the lawful basis of consent.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Types of Data Collected
You actively send information to us when you use this Website or subscribe to our newsletter, post opinions, comments, respond to us or otherwise contact us.
With your direct consent the data we may collect is:
- Your Name;
- Email address;
- Mailing address;
- Phone number;
- Any other details you may voluntarily send when contacting us.
We automatically track information through Google Analytics from your device or web browser when you interact with the Website. In this respect the data we may collect includes:
- Internet domain from which you access this Website;
- IP address;
- Browser type and operating system;
- Data and hour when you accessed the Website;
- Pages that were visited;
- The referral link that redirected to us;
- Any other navigational and stat data we consider important.
This information is used to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Website and to otherwise personalize, improve and continue to operate the Website.
Please note that none of the information provided in the Calculator/ Test fields And/ Or option choices is stored nor saved on our server. This information is only used temporarily to support the calculation / test result.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information (e.g. we have installed SSL certificate for connection encryption).
Data retention period
We usually delete the emails we receive through the Website’s contact form within 30 days of receipt. The data we collect through Google Analytics was set up to be deleted after 14 months.
In regard to the cookies we use, you can delete those at any time, through your browser settings.
We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Information related to Advertising
Our Website may contain adverts, sponsored and affiliate links on some pages. These are typically served through our advertising partners. At the moment we are only using Google AdSense. We only use trusted advertising partners who each have high standards of user privacy and security.
These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called "ad networks." Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We may engage with ad networks that are members or organizations or programs that manage the advertising privacy choices these ad networks offer consumers.
The Website does not have any control or access over the placement of cookies or other tracking mechanisms that any third party may use or the information any third party may collect. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these ad networks and other parties.
Please note that for EEA users, we have opted for displaying non-personalised Google AdSense ads.
We use advertising partners in these ways to help generate an income from the website, which allows us to continue our work and provide you with the best overall experience and valued information.
Your contact with other third parties
The Website does not make any representations or warranties with respect to any content or privacy practices, or otherwise with respect to such third parties or any items or services that may be obtained from such third parties, and you agree that the Website will have no liability with respect to any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any dealings between you and any third party, or as a result of the presence of such third parties on the Website.
Your dealings with advertisers or other third parties found on or accessible through the Website are solely between you and the third party and you make them solely at your own risk.
We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any third party Websites or Services you access.
Disclosure of Data
We keep the data we collect confidential and we generally do not disclose it, with the exception of the following:
- Our external suppliers, such as Google Analytics and Google AdSense, may have access to part of your data in order to help us provide the service through this Website (and not for their own purposes). They access and use such data subject to our instructions, and under confidentiality and security obligations;
- We may also share the data we collect about you to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders or other legal process or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or respond to illegal activities, fraud, physical threats to you or others required by any applicable law or regulation.
- We do not directly provide the data we collect about you to any advertising customers. However, they may find it or use it indirectly. We freely use and disclose data in anonymous form, for instance, in statistics or reports to our advertising customers.
Take note that posting any information in any area of our Website that is generally accessible to users (such as comments area, but not limited to) will make you the only responsible for it and that will be available to the public.
We make available a cookie control system which allows you to accept or deny the use of the Google Analytics cookies we use. Some cookies will be saved for specific time periods, where others may last indefinitely. Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, so please see your web browser options.
What information of mine can I access?
As the Website does not have registered users, unregistered users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
Alternatively, we also make available a cookie control system which allows you to accept or deny the use of the Google Analytics cookies we use. You can find it HERE.
Version 1.0 – Last updated: 25 May 2018